Fish tea is a spicy and hearty meal. It is similar to traditional Rundown, but instead of chunks the ingredients are boiled until they are in a “soupy liquid form”.Preparation time (around 3 and a half hours) might be a bit lengthy, but it’s well worth the wait.
You will need the following:
- 2 small/medium fishes (or fish heads)
- 3 quarts of water
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 sprig thyme
- 3 stalks scallion
- 2 medium potatoes
- 4 finger of green bananas
- 1 green scotch bonnet pepper
- salt to taste
- black pepper
- few pimento seeds
- 2 lemons or limes
How it’s done:
- Wash fish in Vinegar or Lemon and drain
- Combine that fish, garlic, and water to boil until fish is off the bone of the fish
- Pour the contents through a strainer and remove all bones.
- Wash the potatoes and cut small.
- Add the potatoes and salt to the strained soup.
- Peel and add green bananas.
- Let the soup simmer, then add thyme, scallion, pepper, pimento and black pepper
- Simmer for another 8 mins.