For 6 Person(s)
- 3 pound(s) goat meat
- 2 tablespoon(s) White Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) curry powder
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalk(s) escallion, chopped
- 4 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) ginger, chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) thyme, chopped
- 1/2 whole scotch bonnet pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 cup(s) Vegetable Oil
- 4 cup(s) boiling water
- 1 large Irish potato, diced
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 4 whole pimento berries, crushed
Curried Goat Directions
Trim meat, cut into bite-size pieces and wash in a mixture of water and vinegar.
Add 1 tablespoon curry powder, chopped onion, escallion, garlic, ginger, thyme, scotch bonnet pepper, black pepper and salt; rub the seasonings into the meat, cover and put to marinate for two hours.
Heat vegetable oil in a heavy bottom skillet over medium heat and add the remaining one tablespoon curry powder. Add the marinated meat and allow to sear. Turn the meat and add 4 cups boiling water. Cover and allow to simmer for about 1 hour 20 minutes or until the meat is tender.
Add the diced potato and cook for 5 minutes. Fold in the sliced carrot and pimento berries and cook for five minutes.
To serve: Serve with Plain Rice, Vegetable Salad and Mango Chutney.
Method Note: Sear – To brown meat quickly by subjecting it to very high heat either in a skillet, under a broiler or in a very hot oven. The object of searing is to seal in the meat’s juices.
Feat Image: firepot_restauran