Preparation time 10m
Cooking time 35m
For 10 Person(s)
- 4 pound(s) cow foot
- 8 cup(s) water
- 1 cup(s) Grace White Vinegar
- 6 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 10 whole pimento berries
- 3 sprig(s) thyme
- 1 teaspoon(s) ginger, chopped
- 3 stalk(s) escallion, crushed,
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) Grace Caribbean Traditions All Purpose Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon(s) Grace Caribbean Tradions Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) Grace Vegetable Oil
- 10 cup(s) beef stock
- 3 medium carrots cut diagonally
- 1 large green pepper, cut in strips
- 1 teaspoon(s) scotch bonnet pepper, finely chopped
- 2 can(s) Grace Broad Beans
- 1 teaspoon(s) cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tbsp water
Cow Foot and Broad Beans Directions
Wash cow foot in a mixture of 4 cups water and Grace White Vinegar.
Scald cow foot in 4 cups boiling water for 5 minutes then drain.
Season with garlic, onion, pimento, thyme, ginger, escallion and salt. Rub in the seasoning well. Add soy sauce, Grace Caribbean Traditions All Purpose Seasoning and Grace Caribbean Traditions Black Pepper.
Marinate for one hour.
Heat pressure cooker and pour in Grace Vegetable Oil, add marinated cow foot and brown lightly stirring constantly.
Add beef stock and fasten pressure cooker lid, pressure cook for 20 minutes. Cool pressure cooker thoroughly before opening.
Add carrots, green peppers and scotch bonnet pepper, Stir lightly and allow vegetables to cook until tender. Add Grace Broad Beans and cornstarch and allow to simmer for another 5 minutes.
To Serve: Serve with white rice and tomato slices.