Jamaican’s love their guinep and for good reason too, they’re delicious.
Apart from how yummy guinep is, they’re other good reasons to go out and grab a bunch.
Check them out below:
1. That guinep you just love to munch on has quite a bit of fibre; fibre helps to keep your digestive system happy and healthy.
2. When you think about nutrients like calcium your mind probably doesn’t go towards guinep but actually these little green fruits contain calcium, protein, thiamine phosphorus, iron, carotene, riboflavin, ascorbic and amino acids.
3. Guinep is actually a calorie food with just about 58 calories in a healthy serving.
4. These little delicious fruits are cholesterol free.
5. In South America guinep seeds are roasted, crushed, and mixed with honey and used to treat diarrhoea.
6. Those yummy guineps contain the powerful immune boosting vitamin C.
7. Some people boil the leaves of the guinep tree to make a tea used to soothe and treat intestinal problems.
8. Guinep contains antioxidants that work to prevent cardiovascular disease and strokes as well as to boost your immune system.